Monday, August 13, 2012

Halftime Web Editor

I sat down with the CEO and publisher of Halftime Magazine at DCI Finals Saturday in Indianapolis to further discuss the web editor position I interviewed for a couple weeks ago. We talked a little more about my marching experience, writing experience, the writing samples I sent her, and the magazine in general.

I got the job! I am Halftime Magazine's new Web Editor. I will be writing the DCI Feature story for the September issue (print and online). It's a pretty straight forward piece about the top two corps in World and Open Classes, so I will be writing a profile on each of the four corps and talking to some staff, members, and fans about their experiences relating to their corps.

Currently, the Web Exclusives section of Halftime doesn't really exist. The last time it was updated was last February. I am going to change that. So, if you have any brilliant ideas for stories or things you would like to see in the magazine or at least on the web site, let me know, and I'll see what I can do.

This is a part-time position, so I am working a job and a half and on staff for two other magazines now. Let the madness commence!

No comments:

Post a Comment