Friday, January 11, 2013

Bear Down Superfan Project

During the time of my vagabondage while in Chicago, I've met some truly awesome people, who, if I leave, I will miss dearly. One of these friends is helping his buddy on his passion project- a documentary about Chicago Bears superfans. They've gotten footage filming at Bears home games at Soldier Field all the way to Austin and Atlanta filming superfans at their own homes. I love my Bears. However my routine of rolling out of bed on Sunday, throwing on a jersey, and watching (or recording) the game is shameful compared to these people. The documentary follows superfans from thousands of miles away that never miss a home game. All of their spare money, and sometimes a little more, goes to getting themselves to Soldier Field on Sunday to cheer on the Chicago Bears.

When my friend told me about the project a few weeks ago, I was instantly fascinated. My friends and family laugh at my dedication to my team, as being near the Bears was a huge selling point for moving to Chicago. But these superfans are on a completely different level. I asked my friend to get me more information about the documentary as it became available.

Last night he texted me a link to Kickstarter, where his friend is reaching out to fellow Bears fans or just interested people in general to help back his project. By following the Kickstarter link, you can read/watch a little about the documentary and why is it so important to Joseph, the director/producer. For those of you who are not familiar with Kickstarter, there are different levels of pledges you can make and for each level there is a perk or swag that's offered. I will be pledging to ensure I get my copy of Bear Down as soon as it comes out! This is a really awesome project by some great guys. I hope you'll check it out and, of course, Bear Down!

No comments:

Post a Comment