Monday, July 2, 2012

DCW Kalamazoo

I just received a new assignment for Drum Corps World! I will be covering DCI Kalamazoo in Kalamazoo (surprise!) Michigan. The competition is at Western Michigan University. I've never been there, so I'm pretty excited to see the campus. DCW originally had someone else covering it, but they never got back to my editor, so he gave me the assignment. yay! I'm excited to finally get to see the Scouts after the disappointing rainout in Merrillville last week. Of course, my Blue Stars will be there too! This will also continue to boost my resume. I'd like to get as many articles published as I can before my interview with Halftime, so I can show that I have a solid foundation writing for nonacademic publications.

Also, more exciting news, I just found out one of my friends from school is going to be at the show Saturday, so I am quite excited to see him as well. This Monday isn't turning out too badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment