Friday, July 27, 2012

I'm Still Alive!

No, I did not die! Nor have I forgotten about my little blog here. This week has been crazy. First thing first, I have an apartment at last! We are only two blocks from Wrigley Field and a few from the L (train), making it, in my opinion, the greatest location ever. Even though we are so close to the stadium, it's pretty quiet on our street. As a White Sox fan, it is fun to sit and watch the fans of those lovable losers enjoy umm..losing? The people around here are by far the happiest people I've ever seen coming out of a stadium after their team was just slaughtered. It's more of a social event than a real competition to most people it seems.

Yesterday I spent the day cleaning the apartment. It was rather disgusting. I'm not sure how I always manage to find the dirtiest apartments to move into. The weekend was spent packing up my stuff at Purdue and driving it to Chicago, then unpacking it here. I'll make the five hour round trip again next week to get the rest of my stuff from school. Then I will only have belongings in Chicago and at my mom's house. I'm condensing my spread.

Our air conditioning units are being installed in the apartment tomorrow, which is quite exciting. The apartment is still quite sparse. I sadly realized walking home from work that our neighbors have more furniture on their front porch than we do in the entire apartment. ha I am currently sleeping on an air mattress in my room; which is far better than just sleeping on the floor like I was last week. I spent an entire summer on an air mattress last summer, so I'm content for the time being. No more 2 hour commute in and out of the city each day makes for a lot more free time to have a bit of a life.

Whilst trying to decide what I wanted for dinner, I found that 462 restaurants would deliver to me. Honestly, how can you get any better than that?

No comments:

Post a Comment