Friday, July 27, 2012

I Want You to Want Me...I Think

I've been working at Nordstrom for about two weeks now, and I'm getting into the flow of things. Today I sold four $700+ suits to one guy! I should get commission for that kind of work. So far I am enjoying the job (and the discount). I've found that time goes by pretty quickly most of the time, so that makes me happy. I am grateful to have my job, but there is still a part of me that wishes I could do something in my field.

When I got home from work today, I found an email waiting for me from a company I applied with on June 18th. They want to have a half hour phone interview with me on Monday or Tuesday. The company is based in Atlanta. While I love Chicago, and I am having fun living here, I have not been able to shake the desire to move to Atlanta and experience somewhere completely new. I have to say this interview has come as a shock since I've taken a break from applying for the time being. I decided I wanted to get settled and start my Nordstrom job and give it a chance before I continued the job hunt.

I emailed the company back to set up a time for the interview. I figured there's no harm in at least interviewing for the job. There's definitely no guarantee they'll even offer it to me, so I'm trying not to put the cart before the horse in this situation and relax. I guess we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment