Tuesday, June 19, 2012

1 in 442

Today, a job board was excited to tell me that I was the 442nd person to apply for that job! Four hundred and forty-two. It wasn't even a very exciting job in my opinion. Are there really 442 people who are just like me, sitting on their couches refreshing job screens every five minutes? How do I make myself stand out in the sea of resumes and cover letters? I've used the skills taught in my design classes to make my resume original, so it stands out against all the template resumes. But that will only take me so far.

I am very much a believer that, even if 442 other people have applied as well, you'll never get the job if you don't apply. Might as well have a 1 in 400 chance rather than disqualifying myself and having a zero percent chance, right?

Any advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment