Friday, June 22, 2012

Published!

I received two exciting emails today!

1. My DCW (Drum Corps World) article is being sent out today! Yay!! I'm going to be published!
and
2. I received the proof for my research article that is going to be published in the Fall issue of the Journal of Purdue Undergraduate Research (JPUR).

I worked as a student researcher my senior year at Purdue. Our study looked at how young women view images, careers, and leadership qualities in relation to women. I conducted literature reviews on keywords used in the essays. I coded fifty-five essays written in response to images of women for key terms related to our research. I then converted the essays into Excel spreadsheets in order to understand why certain images were chosen or not. The full abstract will be published in JPUR if you're interested. I found it really interesting. I will also be included as a co-author in the final publication when it is released.

I'm pretty excited to be getting my name out there into the world in different areas. I was also contacted last night by my corps, the Blue Stars Drum and Bugle Corps, to do some writing for them. I will be writing a letter on their behalf to a company that supplies the majority of the food used on our food truck as part of a contest. I am quite excited to be able to use my skills to support an organization that means so much to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment