Thursday, June 28, 2012

Originality in Drum Corps World

I am covering my second show for Drum Corps World tonight. The second newsletter of this season came out today, so I read through the reviews of the other shows since the last one I covered. The issue is each person seems to write very similar things about each show since the same show is performed every competition. I will be able to make remarks on what has changed since the last time I saw the the shows, but doing a full recap seems like it would be rather useless. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to bring some originality to my article. I have found other people do not include interviews in their articles, however. I plan on interviewing two people tonight, so maybe that should be the bulk of my story. I just don't want to repeat what has already been written and bore the readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment