Friday, June 29, 2012

Rained Out

Unfortunately the show was rained out last night. Only one corps took the field, so I won't be writing an article about it. It'd be a pretty short review. ha The heat index was 111 when the show started, then BOOM rain and hail. Guess I didn't have to worry about what I was going to write for this one after all. Everyone hates a rainout. All the corps worked through the heat yesterday to be confined to the busses for an hour an a half until the admins decided the show couldn't happen. The rain finally let up about two hours after the show was suppose to start, so I was able to go see my friends while they ate their fourth meal. This show was the first ever hosted by Merrillville High School, and I know they were very excited to be working with the Madison Scouts. I hope they can get another show there next year.

I have another show to cover tomorrow night. I'm probably going to a show just to watch tonight, so I will see all the corps that will be there tomorrow tonight and be able to have an idea of what I'm going to write about them.

I received an email from Halftime Magazine yesterday. My resume and writing samples have been forwarded to the editor. I hope that means good things. Just waiting to hear now.

No comments:

Post a Comment